Monday, June 11, 2012

How to Tie a Tie....A Simple Manly Skill Neglected by Many





A guest post by my pal Andrew D.






A bow tie may work for James Bond.......


I am writing this blog post because I am tired of colleagues and friends asking me to tie their ties for them.

Case in point: I was at a wedding at the weekend, and before formal group photos, several friends asked me to fix their ties.My typical response: "Come on, boys. For fucks sakes, really?"   (I used the word boys in my response for a reason. Knowing how to tie a tie is a most basic manly skill, a skill which only takes minutes to master. Boys might not know how to tie a tie. But, a man does.

I know many guys who ask their girlfriends or wives to tie their ties. This is a turn-off for some females.

What's worse, some guys ask their male friends to tie their ties in front of their girlfriends or wives. This makes these guys look like boys among men.

If you do not have to wear a tie often, it is still nonetheless important to know how to tie one.

Unfortunately for me, I was once like the guys I mentioned above, asking others to tie my ties for me.

I will save you any embarrassment. Below is a link to a great article that teaches readers how to tie a tie, with video instructions:

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/06/05/how-to-tie-a-tie/

It's simple: Follow the link. Spare a few minutes reading and watching some short tutorial videos. Practice what is taught. And, you will never have to ask anyone to tie your tie for you again!


1 comment: